Florescence Microscopy – LED Light Resources
Download our resources, from tutorials to software and manuals.
Useful and free of charge, our resources
Please see resources available to download below for the niji LED light source for florescence microscopy. Download the latest driver, understand a bit more about how to clean a filter, or have a look at the niji user manual. You can find it all here.
Collimator Set-up Tutorial
- Fit the collimator to your microscope.
- Fit a plastic fluorescent test slide and set the camera to get a reference level
- Using the niji, send light through the microscope to appropriately illuminate the slide.
4. Adjust the collimator to optimise the fluorescence seen by the camera to maximum power. We suggest moving the lens nearest the light guide first and then tune with the lens nearest the microscope
5. Done! This procedure doesn’t need to be repeated at other wavelengths as the collimator has been designed to be highly apochromatic.
Download the user manual
For more information on how to use the niji LED light source for fluoresence microscopy, click here to download the Niji user manual (2 MB)
How to set up terminal commands
For more information on how to set up terminal commands, click here to download the user manual (405 KB)
Download the Metamorph Niji driver
Ever wondered how to clean filters?
We highly recommend using high-quality optical filters as they can improve your results immensely. It is up to you, which filter manufacturer you chose, our team loves working with Semrock filters. The Semrock team kindly allowed us to share their very helpful tutorial about “how to clean Semrock optical filters”.
Basic Niji software operation
A short video introducing the niji GUI functions.
Changing the niji XML code
A short video on how to customise your niji.
Uploading an XML file
A short video introducing the XML file upload function.
A short video on using the Bluebox niji with Micromanager.
XML Quick Look
A short video providing a brief introduction to XML.
Let’s Work Together
If you are not sure where to get the niji from, or you are a distributor who is interested in adding the niji to your portfolio, let us hear from you. Just send us an email or give us a call.